The colorful Jesi Rodgers talked to us about her love for art and what inspires her. She’s a southern girl who loves to spend her days in her art studio or exploring around town. Jesi decided to share her artwork over Instagram and makes pieces for purchase at her Etsy website. Check out below the fun and sweet Jesi Rodgers!
Art and craft Instagrammer Jesi Rodgers
1. Tell Us A Little Bit About Yourself. What Does A Typical Day Look Like For You?
Hello! I’m Jesi – I am an illustrator / painter/maker of quirky art for happy hearts. My days are typically spent chugging iced coffee, painting and crafting fun little things, and the occasional break to snuggle my cat Digby. On the very rare days that I am not in my art studio, I like to explore abandoned places, go antique shopping, or bake all the sweet treats.
2. What’s Your Favorite Part About Living In Columbus?
I currently live in Columbus, Ohio. I’m originally from south Louisiana – so Columbus was a huge change for me. The handmade community is amazing here and I have been lucky enough to meet and work with a lot of people I admire! Also having actual seasons is incredible. I’m one of the few people around here that gets REALLY excited about snow.
3. Where Do You Derive Inspiration From?
I’m inspired by tattoo art, bright colors, and clever puns. I honestly look for inspiration in lots of little things on a daily basis…I am a generally happy person, so I like to make things that hopefully will make people smile.
4. What Are Some Of Your Favorite Instagram Accounts To Follow?
Such a difficult question to answer!
- @aww.sam – queen of making the cutest donuts and all things crafty!
- @thedaintysquid – her feed is a beautiful mix of nature, urban exploring, and fashion…and she just so happens to be one of my good friends!
- @t_rez – this guy’s paper crafting skills are mind-blowing! I could spend hours browsing his photos.
5. Do You Have Any Tips For Taking The Perfect Instagram Shot?
The things I try to pay the most attention to:
- lighting – soft natural lighting works best
- composition – you can use the tools on Instagram to crop and straighten your photo
- color – don’t be afraid of bright colors! add a little saturation and contrast to make your photos pop!